Redirect Rules are used to define rules for URL redirection based on the selected logical rule. Redirect rules leverages logical rules, it mean we can use the logical rules for defining redirect rules. Below are the redirect rule features.
- Redirect for Mobile Device: This is a very common use case where user from a mobile or tablet device should be redirected to a mobile sites, this can be achieved by defining a logical rule for Mobile and Tablet devices and use them in Redirect Rules.
- Redirect by Role: You might be having a use case of redirecting specific role users to a different page, in such case define a logical rule using “User Role” criteria and use it in redirect rule.
- Redirect by Request URL: Define a logical rule using Request URL Criteria and use this in defining Redirect Rule. Useful for static paths, like whenever user request from a http://test.com we can redirect them to http://test2.com
- Redirect in Site Down Time: Define a Redirect for home, which can be simply achieved by defining a logical rule on Home Page and leveraging it in Redirect rule.
You can use Date, Time, Day of Week and Month sub criteria to further refine the rule.
- Redirect by Geo Location: If you want to redirect all the user who are coming from a specific geographic location country or continent then define a logical rule using “Geo Location” Criteria.This is very useful when you want to redirect users to a local server.
- Activate or deactivate redirect rule: Redirect can be activated or deactivated. If the rule is deactivated the action pertaining to the rule will not be performed.
Using rules engine we can define lot more simple and complex rules
Simple User Cases:
- Redirect by User Id.
- Redirect by Request URL.
- Redirect by Date, Time, Month and Day of the week.
- Redirect for Tablet device.
- Redirect for Mobile phone.
Complex Use Cases :
Define complex rule using logical “and” “or” and “brackets”
- Redirect by User Role and Date and Time
- Redirect by User Role and Geo location
- Redirect by User Role, Geo location and Date and Time
- Redirect by User Role, Geo location, Device and Date and Time
- Redirect by User Role, Geo location, Device or Request URL and Date and Time and More …