Theme Rules are used to define rules for showing different themes based on the selected logical rule. Similar to other rules Theme rules also leverages logical rules. Below are the theme rule features.
- Themes by Role: You might be having a common use case of showing a different themes for a specific role in such case define a logical rule using “User Role” criteria and use it in theme rule.
- Themes by Device Type: One more common use case is delivering a light weight theme for Mobile and Tablet devices, this can be achieved by defining a logical rule for Mobile and Tablet devices and using in Theme Rules.
- Themes for Guest User : Similarly one more common use case of showing a fancy theme for a Guest user(Not logged in User) and default theme for logged in user, in such cases define a rule using “User Profile” criteria.
- Themes by Date and Time: There might be situation where you might be interested in showing special themes on “New Year” or “Christmas” etc… , and these theme should be available for only few days or months, in such cases define a Logical rule using “Date and Time” criteria.
You can use Date, Time, Day of Week and Month sub criteria to further refine the rule.
- Themes by Geo Location: If you want to show a different Theme for a specific geographic location country or continent then define a logical rule using “Geo Location” Criteria. This is useful for theme is very useful for Middle East countries.
- Activate or deactivate theme rule: Theme rule can be activated or deactivated. If the rule is deactivated the action pertaining to the rule will not be performed.
Using rules engine we can define lot more simple and complex rules
Simple User Cases:
- Themes by User Id.
- Themes by Date, Time, Month and Day of the week.
- Themes for Tablet device.
- Themes for Mobile phone.
Complex Use Cases :
Define complex rule using logical “and” “or” and “brackets”
- Themes by User Role and Date and Time
- Themes by User Role and Geo location
- Themes by User Role, Geo location and Date and Time
- Themes by User Role, Geo location, Device and Date and Time, More …